Friday, February 6, 2015

Oxblood Batik

Hai dolls
assalamuallaikum

Ok, first of all I need to put hastags for this post. #super #latepost 
The super late story I'm about to write is a story of Indonesia's Independence Day last year. I know! it's so last year right :D

So last August, I together with Indonesian community in Melbourne, celebrated our Independence Day by having flag-raising ceremony in the city center. After the ceremony, there was a performance of Saman Dance from the collaboration of Indonesian student, International student and also Indonesian permanent resident. One of my friend became part of the dancer group and asked my favor to do the make up for her. I can do a daily make up which is light and simple but never do a 'heavy' one. Most importantly, I do it on my own face, never in anyone face! But since I decided not to join the dance performance (I'm sorry but Saman is to mainstream for Indonesian who study abroad, I just do Swing Dance *peace)  and I still wanted to contribute to this event so I said yes to her. And not to forget to gave Indonesia's touch, me and some other people attended the Independence Day ceremony wearing Batik. I brought some batik with me but I think this is my favorite one as I also wore it and wrote a post about it here. It was an oxblood batik cape with a touch of green from @ToskaMalika.  

Oxblood is an elegant hue that will be perfect for a party or a night-out. However you can style it in a casual wear if you pair it with the right color. Oxblood is a strong color, it can stand on it's own. You just need to put a bit touch of other colors to complete your look. Add gold accessories  to create a classy look for your night out or pair it with grey pants, shoes or shawl for casual look. You can also look pretty by giving a little bit (deep) green touch likewise batik print on my cape. It's pretty right? *or maybe it's just me who pretty enough to wear the colors* haha

 
pic credit RadioAustralia

MUA in action,, quit convincing huh? At least she said she feel pretty :-*

the performer and the MUA




my oxblood accessories, some looks like purple but it actually not, maybe becase of the light.
the vintage bag is my favorite 



salam
Wulan




No comments:

Post a Comment