Sunday, May 27, 2012

APPMI Fashion Show 2012

Another event that i attended to broaden my horizon on Indonesia's fashion. I try to be smarter on addressing fashion trends, not only to observe and apply the trends but also to learn where the trends will go because i'm establishing my own clothing line. I got the invitation from Dian Pelangi's blog, really easy...just texted Sonep or Mba Dara ^_^ hohoho. Texting Sonep is more thrilling then texting my bunbun..
I went on the second days of the fashion show, which show collections from Jenny Tjahyawati, Tuty Adib, Dian Pelangi, dan Nunik Muwardi. Here are some pic from the APPMI fashion show.

 

Aquaristic by Jenny Tjahyawati, dominated by blue tye dye. IMHO, blue is a good pick color, but tried to play with tye dye just gonna make people compare you with Dian Pelangi

 
Venus in love by Tuty Adib, I interpret her fashion as a cosmic fashion by looking the fabric she use on her design. Frankly i though the cosmic look not so in fashion anymore, i've seen it before from some fashion blog

 

By Nuni Muwardi, the collections didn't have a name so i can't figured what the fashion design about. But frankly i dont really like the designs because she made 7/8 dress or skirt so the model need to wore a tight which not appropriate for hijabers

 
pic from welovejakarta

Plastic Doll by Dian Pelangi, the most awaited collections. A very big applause already heard since the first model walk on the catwalk. But for many people include me felt lil bit disappointed because Dian didn't appear at the fashion show. Look at the pastel color on her design and the accessories on the model, it built the 'plastic doll' atmosfer very well, I feels like litlle girl on a Barbie world. Stand applause from me to Dian Pelangi.

the 'must-take-a-pic-in-front-of-it' wall , wore black dress code

BTW, about my own clothing line, wish me everything will run smooth and i can launch my design as soon as possible ... amiiin ya Rab

thank you for reading
salam , Wulan


No comments:

Post a Comment